Ryan Boettcher 9th Grade CASL Blog
Childrens Garden Home Service Trip
Week 1 of Service
During the very first week of service trips we didn't actually go on ours, we stayed as a group and got to know each other. I was a little disappointed because this is my second time going to Childrens Garden Home and I was really excited to see everyone there again. I was also happy that I had a few of my school friends in my group so I can introduce him to everyone at Garden Home.
Week 2 of Service
On the second week, we drove to Garden Home and when I got there I noticed it had changed a lot. It looked better and I saw many familiar faces. One of my good friends there like Raymond and Sheryl. We had brought some books and read stories to them. I found this a little awkward because the book were made for a very young audience and I was reading them to someone my age. After we read a few books, we went to the Garden and one of the managers showed us how to plant new vegetables, and as always we got to have some free time to play with everyone. For this time we split up into teams and played football. The game was a tie and I could tell that everyone, including me, was having fun.
Week 3 of Service
The third week was similar to the second week, we read some books, did some farming, and had some free time. There were a few minor changes however. One of the things I liked it we didn't "have" to read books anymore. We know had the option to read or do a cross word puzzle or connect the dots. This option was always chosen because it was more interactive and everyone could participate. I also met a few new people that I have never met before, they were really nice and I had a good time hanging out with them.
Sunday, November 3, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment